UK Chapter Launch in London
February 25 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Last February at Confex International in London, the UK Women in Exhibitions Network chapter was launched in the presence of over 120 women and men from the exhibitions industry. This overwhelming response to the invite definitely showed that the industry is ready to work on challenges of inequality in the exhibition industry. The main feedback of the crowd was the willingness to work hand in hand with male colleagues on the importance of inclusion of diversity in our industry.
The network wants to further raise the profile of women whilst working with successful role models to inspire and nurture the next generation of female leaders. Among other the activities include:
- Networking opportunities for any women in the industry
- Specialised events focusing on the different aspects of personal branding
- Coaching and mentoring programmes
- Access to other industry events benefitting women
- Access to a fun network of likeminded people
- Access to a professional network and personal development.
- We want women to feel inspired to become role models for younger generations;
For future events and activities in UK, Soraya Gadelrab will further develop the activities of this network together with a number of founding partners among whom: Claire Washington-Smith, Zoe Lacey-Cooper, Rachel Gregory, Anna Golden, Emma Barrett, Jo Tyler, Christine Martin, Liz Agostini, Tamar Beck and Lori Hoinkes, . Our special thanks to Liz Agostini and Saul Leese, Exhibition News and Mash Media for hosting us and to everyone who helped get this network off the ground in UK.